What do you do with a head of cabbage (other than coleslaw)? Make this great tasting and filling dinner! Another favorite from Dan's mom.
Author: Jo Ann Paulus
- ½ lb. bulk Italian Pork Sausage
- ½ c chopped onion
- ½ c chopped green pepper
- 1 c water
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce (or 1 cup)
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 T chopped parsley
- 2 t sugar
- 1 t garlic salt
- ½ t crushed, dried oregano
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- In 2 quart saucepan, cook sausage, onion, and green pepper until vegetables are tender.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, garlic salt, and oregano.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Boil cabbage wedges in a small amount of water until soft.
- Serve cabbage with meat sauce poured on top.