Sweet and Sour Kraut
Author: Paulus Family
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 27 ounces Sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 ounces canned tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 T drippings.
- Sauté onion in the drippings until tender.
- Stir in sauerkraut, tomatoes, brown sugar, and bacon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.