Author: Paulus Family
- 4 large sweet apples
- 5 large peaches or nectarines
- 1 T apple juice, water, or canned peach juice
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground nutmeg
- ¼ c honey
- Peel, core, and slice the apples and place in a large, heavy-bottomed pan. Pit and slice the peaches and add to the apples, along with the apples juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cover the pot and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. remove the lid and simmer 10 minutes longer. Mash with a potato masher or puree in a food processor or blender in two batches. Stir in the honey.
- Spoon over oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, French toast, and quick breads or enjoy by itself.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks; freeze for up to a year.