This is a favorite of Dan's. The recipe comes from Karen's mom. We have made it many, many times - it's delicious!
Author: Paulus Family
- 1½ C Flour
- 1½ T Sugar
- ½ t Salt
- ½ C Vegetable Oil
- 2 T Cold Milk
- 1 Qt. Fresh Berries (we usually use strawberries or raspberries - but any berries will work)
- ½ C Sugar
- 1 Box Jell-O (small box, pick flavor to go with berries)
- 2 T Cornstarch
- 1 C Boiling Water
- Sift flour, sugar, and salt for crust into a pie plate.
- Mix the vegetable oil and milk and pour over dry ingredients for crust.
- Mix with a fork and pat to cover pie plate.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes at 425 degrees. Let cool.
- For the filling, mix the cornstarch, Jell-O and sugar in a small sauce pan.
- Add water and heat to boiling.
- Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Cool completely.
- Add berries to pie shell and pour liquid over berries.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Serve with Cool Whip.